Melissa gets your heart rate up right away in this fast paced Mini Class. You won’t need weights because your arms will be sculpted with push ups and reverse push ups. You’ll change the shape of your thighs with knee dancing, carve your hamstrings with seat-work while squeezing on a small mat or towel, and shrink your waist with the fun-to-do ab-tightening exercise “straight leg clam.”
What you’ll need:
• A sturdy chair or portable bar
• A soft strap for stretching (bathrobe tie)
• A towel folded in 3rd’s or a Bar Method small mat
• 2 firm oversized throw pillows
• We suggest doing the class on a carpet, rug or mat
• You will rev up your heart rate by doing 30 full range pushups.
• Helps flatten your stomach. span>
• Tones your glutes.
• Works your core muscles.
Related Bar Method Online Video:
Get your free weights for Melissa’s exciting mini class designed to slim your thighs and create a burn in the corners of your seat. Sculpt your back, waist and ab muscles with Bar Method’s signature torso-shaping exercises “U-shaped arm-work,” “arabesque” and “arm-dancing.”
Then a 60 count plank:
• Strengthens your core muscles.
• Warms your muscles for the next part of class.
And reverse push ups:
• This fast exercise will quickly shape and tone your arms. Work hard to do them correctly.
• Carves your triceps.
• Narrows your upper arm so that it looks both sculpted and slender.
Try Our Mix It Up With Mixes Challenge Online Fitness Classes:
Spend your week mixing it up with these invigorating 5 mix level classes. If you are looking for variety, this is the custom work out for you. You will be sure to stay interested as you enjoy a different seat exercise each day.
Get your small mat or towel and go right to the bar for thigh-work:
• You will test the power of your thighs with two consecutive sets of thigh-work: starting with your feet in a parallel position and finishing kneeling on your mat or towel in knee dancing.
• Narrows your quads.
• Substantial caloric burn-off.
• Increased stamina.
• Leaner body overall.
Stretch your thighs with a standing quad stretch, and stay right there for standing seat-work with your small mat or towel mid-point between your thighs.
• Challenge your body to stay vertical and grip your seat for standing seat in a parallel stance.
• Transforms your body from your shoulders to your knees.
• The tuck elongates your legs and flattens your abs.
• Give you a “dancer’s dent” on the outside of your seat.
Right onto “curl”
• Enjoy a fast burn in your six-pack abs with straight leg clam.
• Changes your abs quickly.
• Significant caloric burn.
Now for the fun part: back-dancing!
• Continue to lift your seat and slim your thighs by doing this exercise with your feet hip width apart.
• A healthier lower back and hips.
• More lifted and carved seat muscles.
• Enhanced coordination.
Your final stretch:
• Stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back muscles during this peaceful, energizing final stretch sequence.
• Release from stress.
• More elongated leg muscles.
• Great strength and energy.
• Better performance from your body the next time you work out.
To see more videos,
Click to view all the videos in our Premier membership.
Click to view all of our Classic Videos at Bar Method Online.
Click to view all of the Mini Class fitness videos online at Bar Method Online.