Berkeley teacher Meghan’s infectious smile and happy disposition will boost your spirit, while her inventive glute-shaping exercises will slim your legs and lift your seat. Have your free weights and ball ready for her arm, thigh and ab work.
What you’ll need:
• A sturdy chair or portable bar
• A soft strap for stretching (bathrobe tie)
• A 7” diameter playground or Bar Method ball
• Two free weights (2 to 4 pounds each)
• 2 firm oversized throw pillows
• We suggest doing the class on a carpet, rug or mat
Use your free weights to tone your shoulders with “bent-elbow lifts”:
• Meghan will guide you through this exercise in a U-shape.
• Tones your deltoids.
• Gives you good shoulder alignment and an open chest.
Related Bar Method Online Video:
Your dream has now come true! Complete a mini class that includes your favorite exercise, pretzel! Meghan uses the time wisely so you walk away from this barre method video feeling your waist and seat trimmed.
Continue your warm up with rhomboid pulls in a wide stance designed to tone your arms and challenge your balance:
• Shapes and elongates your biceps.
• Works the stabilizer muscles in your upper back.
• Sculpts your glutes.
• Improves posture.
Get your ball, and go right to the bar for thigh-work:
• You will test the power of your thighs with two consecutive sets of thigh-work: start with your feet in a narrow V stance and then finish with your feet in parallel and the ball mid-point between your thighs.
• Toned, slimmer thighs.
• Substantial caloric burn-off.
• Increased stamina.
• Leaner body overall.
Try many other Mixed level videos:
If you are ready to make a move up from Beginner level bar classes, this is the place to start, as these Bar Method Online Mixed level video classes will continue your path to success. In these custom designed mixed level barre workouts, we move into moderate, mixed level classes to challenge your stamina. You’ll be amazed at how much stronger you feel!
Stretch your thighs with a standing quad stretch, and stay right there for fold-over with your feet parallel and hips width apart.
• Place your feet hips width apart and parallel and bend/stretch your working leg to lift and tone your seat.
• Lifts both sides of your seat at the same time.
• “Lean’s down” your whole body.
• Flatter abdominals.
• Burns lots of calories.
Get your ball and go right onto “curl”
• Enjoy a fast burn in your abdominals by placing a ball directly behind your waist and coming to a 45 degree angle..
• Changes your abs quickly.
• Significant caloric burn.
How for the fun part: back-dancing with the ball!
• Continue to lift your seat and slim your thighs by doing this exercise with parallel legs and the ball mid-point between your thighs.
• A healthier lower back and hips.
• More lifted and carved seat muscles.
• Enhanced coordination.
Your final stretch:
• Stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back muscles during this peaceful, energizing final stretch sequence.
• Release from stress.
• More elongated leg muscles.
• Great strength and energy.
• Better performance from your body the next time you work out.
To see more videos,
Click to view all the videos in our Premier membership.
Click to view all of our Classic Videos at Bar Method Online.
Click to view all of the Mini Class fitness videos online at Bar Method Online.