In this easy-to-follow mini class, Kat focuses on good form and alignment to give you the best results. You do not need weights but will need a small mat or towel for thigh-work and back dancing. Enjoy a cardio burst in thigh with a low-heeled wide stance, tone your legs and outer corners of your seat with diagonal seat, and get a quick burn in your abs with the abdominal “clam” exercise.
What you’ll need:
• A sturdy chair or portable bar
• A soft strap for stretching (bathrobe tie)
• 2 firm oversized throw pillows
• We suggest doing the class on a carpet, rug or mat
Class Details and Benefits:
First, reverse pushups:
• This fast exercise will quickly shape and tone your arms. Work hard to do them correctly.
o Carves your triceps.
o Narrows your upper arm so that it looks both sculpted and slender.
Try Our Everybody Dance Now Challenge Online Fitness Classes:
All dancers have one thing in common: a super toned and tight body. This week we challenge you to follow this guide to your dancers body. Enjoy exercises such as wide 2nd position, arabesque and diamond thigh. Relish in fun choreography with hip tilts, dips and circles. Dance your way through abs with arm and leg dancing. Most of all have fun toning your body. We will see you on the dance floor!
• Challenge your stamina by holding a 60-count plank.
o Strengthens your core muscles.
o Helps flatten your stomach.
o Works your glutes.
Get your small mat or towel and go right to the bar for thigh-work:
• You will challenge your thighs with two sets of thigh-work, starting with your feet together and your thighs holding a small mat or towel, and ending with a cardio burst in a wide, turned-out stance.
o Toned, slimmer thighs.
o Substantial caloric burn-off.
o Narrows your quads.
o Leaner body overall.
Try many other Mixed level videos:
If you are ready to make a move up from Beginner level bar classes, this is the place to start, as these Bar Method Online Mixed level video classes will continue your path to success. In these custom designed mixed level barre workouts, we move into moderate, mixed level classes to challenge your stamina. You’ll be amazed at how much stronger you feel!
Move directly into diagonal seat:
• You will turn out your legs and use the grip of your glutes as resistance while you lift your working leg to shape your seat muscles.
o Targets the upper-most glutes.
o Carves your hamstrings.
o Engages your abs and the posture muscles in your upper back.
Right onto “curl”:
• Lie down in the abdominal “clam” position to quickly tone your abs.
o Efficiently tightens and flattens your abs.
Related Bar Method Online Video:
Studio City, California, studio owner, Kat’s class focuses on posture and confidence. Maintaining powerful posture when you are feeling challenged will give you the confidence to persevere through the end of each exercise. Kat integrates the ball into thigh, abs and even seat with pretzel!
Get your small mat or towel one more time for the fun part: back-dancing!
• You will continue to lift your seat and narrow your thighs with your legs tight together.
o A healthier lower back and hips.
o More lifted and carved seat muscles.
o Enhanced coordination.
Your final stretch:
• Stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back muscles during this peaceful, energizing final stretch sequence.
o Release from stress.
o More elongated leg muscles.
o Great strength and energy.
o Better performance from your body the next time you work out.
To see more videos,
Click to view all the videos in our Premier membership.
Click to view all of our Classic Videos at Bar Method Online.
Click to view all of the Mini Class fitness videos online at Bar Method Online.