Kat will inspire you to love working out by appealing to your inner dancer during this 20-minute class. You’ll engage your posture muscles with rhomboid pulls, shape your legs by turning them out like a dancer to work your quads, glutes and abs, and carve the sides of your waist with “oblique curls.”
What you’ll need:
• A sturdy chair or portable bar
• A soft strap for stretching (bathrobe tie)
• Two free weights (2 to 4 pounds each)
• 2 firm oversized throw pillows
• We suggest doing the class on a carpet, rug or mat
First, rhomboid pulls in a parallel stance:
• Tone your back quickly with rhomboid pulls.
o Stretches your chest as it works your upper back.
o Tones your rhomboids, which help give you beautiful posture.
Try many other Mixed level videos:
If you are ready to make a move up from Beginner level bar classes, this is the place to start, as these Bar Method Online Mixed level video classes will continue your path to success. In these custom designed mixed level barre workouts, we move into moderate, mixed level classes to challenge your stamina. You’ll be amazed at how much stronger you feel!
• You will rev up your heart rate and challenge your stamina with 30 full range pushups.
o Tones and strengthens your shoulders, biceps and triceps.
o Tones your glutes.
o Work your core muscles.
Go right to the bar for thigh-work:
• You will test the power of your thighs with two sets of thigh-work, first with your feet in a turn-out for leg lifts and then with your legs tight together.
o Toned, slimmer thighs.
o Substantial caloric burn-off.
o Narrows your quads.
o Leaner body overall.
Try Our New Fresh Start Challenge Online Fitness Classes:
If you are new to Bar Method, exercise or just haven’t worked out in a while, these Bar Method online fitness classes in the Fresh Start Challenge are just the weekly exercise guide for you. In this custom designed workout series, we start you with a stretch based Mini Class and slowly work your way up to a moderate mixed level class. By the end of the week, you will be amazed at how much stronger you feel!
Move directly into fold-over:
• You will turn out your legs like a dancer to shape your glutes.
o Lifts both sides of your seat at the same time.
o “Leans down” your whole body.
o Burns lots of calories.
Right onto “curl”:
• You will be in a low curl position with your legs in a diamond shape.
o Changes your abs quickly.
o Tones your legs.
o Slims and narrows your oblique abdominals.
How for the fun part: back-dancing!
• You will continue to lift your seat with your feet in a wide stance.
o A healthier lower back and hips.
o More lifted and carved seat muscles.
o Enhanced coordination.
Your final stretch:
• Stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back muscles during this peaceful, energizing final stretch sequence.
o Release from stress.
o More elongated leg muscles.
o Great strength and energy.
o Better performance from your body the next time you work out.
To see more videos,
Click to view all the videos in our Premier membership.
Click to view all of our Classic Videos at Bar Method Online.
Click to view all of the Mini Class fitness videos online at Bar Method Online.