You don’t need any weights in this efficient Mini class. Burn your calories and tone the corners of your seat with 2 sets of thigh. Lift your seat as you elongate your thighs with a quick and effective fold-over.
What you’ll need:
• A sturdy chair or portable bar
• A soft strap for stretching (bathrobe tie)
• Two free weights (2 to 4 pounds each)
• 2 firm oversized throw pillows
• We suggest doing the class on a carpet, rug or mat
• Burr holds you in a 60 count plank followed by a stretch for your back.
• Strengthens your core muscles.
• Warms your muscles for the next part of class.
Related Bar Method Online Video:
Enjoy this athletic mini class by Burr Leonard. Take a tour of all your upper back muscles in arm work in this barre fitness class, fine tune and elongate your quadriceps in thigh work and discover infinite possibilities to make yourself taller and more sculpted with standing seat. You will end your 20 minutes feeling stronger and more energized.
And reverse push ups:
• This fast exercise will quickly shape and tone your arms. Work hard to do them correctly.
• Carves your triceps.
• Narrows your upper arm so that it looks both sculpted and slender.
Go right to the bar for thigh-work:
• You will test the power of your thighs with two consecutive sets of thigh-work: start with your feet wide apart and your legs in a diamond shape and finished in a wide low-heeled stance.
• Toned, slimmer thighs.
• Substantial caloric burn-off.
• Increased stamina.
• Leaner body overall.
Stretch your thighs with a standing quad stretch, and stay right there for fold-over seat-work.
• Lift and tone your glutes by bending your knee, pointing your foot to the sky.
• Lifts both sides of your seat at the same time.
• Increases the active range of motion between your two legs.
• Burns lots of calories.
Try many other Mixed level videos:
If you are ready to make a move up from Beginner level bar classes, this is the place to start, as these Bar Method Online Mixed level video classes will continue your path to success. In these custom designed mixed level barre workouts, we move into moderate, mixed level classes to challenge your stamina. You’ll be amazed at how much stronger you feel!
• You will rev up your heart rate by doing 20 full range pushups.
• Helps flatten your stomach. span>
• Tones your glutes.
• Works your core muscles.
Right onto “curl”
• Enjoy a fast burn quickly in arm dancing. Supportive pillows or mats required.
• Changes your abs quickly.
• Significant caloric burn.
Now for the fun part: back-dancing!
• Continue to lift your seat and slim your thighs by doing this exercise with your feet in a wide stance.
• A healthier lower back and hips.
• More lifted and carved seat muscles.
• Enhanced coordination.
Your final stretch:
• Stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back muscles during this peaceful, energizing final stretch sequence.
• Release from stress.
• More elongated leg muscles.
• Great strength and energy.
• Better performance from your body the next time you work out.
To see more videos,
Click to view all the videos in our Premier membership.
Click to view all of our Classic Videos at Bar Method Online.
Click to view all of the Mini Class fitness videos online at Bar Method Online.