Enjoy this athletic mini class by Burr Leonard. Take a tour of all your upper back muscles in arm work, fine tune and elongate your quadriceps in thigh work and discover infinite possibilities to make yourself taller and more sculpted with standing seat. You will end your 20 minutes feeling stronger and more energized.
What you’ll need:
• A sturdy chair or portable bar
• A soft strap for stretching (bathrobe tie)
• Two free weights (2 to 4 pounds each)
• 2 firm oversized throw pillows
• We suggest doing the class on a carpet, rug or mat
In this class, you will call up reserves of strength you didn’t know you had and get the results you want: a leaner, more sculpted body.
• 30 of them to spike your heart rate. Burr sets you up quickly, and you fly through the reps with excellent arm alignment.
• Sculpted arms and chest.
• Toned back muscles.
• Greater shoulders stability.
• Tighter abs.
• A more lifted seat.
• Significant caloric burn.
Related Bar Method Online Video:
In 25 minutes, Bar Method founder, Burr guides you through a Bar Method class with a focus on flexibility. You will be inspired to find new length in your muscles, follow your breath, and connect to your body..
Next, “bent-elbow lifts” with free-weights:
• You will lifts weights to the front, side and back with a focus on your posture and good form.
• Toned shoulder muscles.
• Sculpted back muscles with an emphasis on your lats.
• Improved posture.
Put away your weights, and go right to the bar for thigh-work:
• You will test the power of your thighs with two consecutive sets of parallel-legs thigh-work, starting slow and deep and ending with tucks.
• Toned, slimmer thighs.
• Substantial caloric burn-off.
• Increased stamina.
• Leaner body overall.
Stretch your thighs with a standing quad stretch, and stay right there for “standing seat” to work your glutes and hamstrings.
• Burr gets you into great form so you feel every rep.
• Sculpted hamstrings and a round, firm, lifted seat.
• Smoother, longer-appearing thighs.
• Flatter abdominals.
• A stronger, straighter back and improved posture.
Try many other Mixed level videos:
If you are ready to make a move up from Beginner level bar classes, this is the place to start, as these Bar Method Online Mixed level video classes will continue your path to success. In these custom designed mixed level barre workouts, we move into moderate, mixed level classes to challenge your stamina. You’ll be amazed at how much stronger you feel!
Right onto “curl”
• You will punch your way to great ab definition by doing “oblique punches” with one leg moving in towards you as you punch feistily around and past it.
• A sculpted six-pack and obliques
• Significant caloric burn.
How for the fun part: back-dancing!
• You will carve your outer seat by doing this exercise with wide legs.
• A healthier lower back and hips.
• More lifted and carved seat muscles.
• Enhanced coordination.
Your final stretch:
• Stretch your hamstrings, glutes and back muscles during this peaceful, energizing final stretch sequence.
• Release from stress.
• More elongated leg muscles.
• Great strength and energy.
• Better performance from your body the next time you work out.
To see more videos,
Click to view all the videos in our Premier membership.
Click to view all of our Classic Videos at Bar Method Online.
Click to view all of the Mini Class fitness videos online at Bar Method Online.